This recipe was given to me by the great and powerful Brandon Boone. The result is fall-off-the-boone ribs with a nice crunchy top.
- 2 racks of sweet ass ribs (side or back)
- salt and pepper
- optional liquid (pineapple juice, JD, rootbeer, coke)
- optional seasoning (dry mustard, garlic powder, chipotle powder)
- BBQ sauce (we like Sweet Baby Rays and Rufus Teague)
- aluminum foil
The key to moist, fall-off-the-boone, ribs is to let the fat slowly melt away while it acts as a self baster during the cooking process.
- First make sure you remove the membrane from the back of the ribs. Leaving this on will make them chewy.
- Preheat oven to 250 F
- Season with salt and pepper and place on a sheet of aluminum foil meat side down.
- Occasionally I add a shot or 2 of JD, rootbeer, or pineapple juice at this stage for added flavor while basting.
- Place ribs on a baking sheet and place in oven for 3 hours.
- When done remove ribs from foil and discard any juices.
- Add optional additional seasoning here (chipotle, mustard rub, garlic powder). Sometimes I just add more salt and pepper.
- Slather with your favorite BBQ sauce and broil them in the oven until the sugar in the sauce starts to brown.
The result is fall-off-the-boone ribs with a nice crunchy top.